Thursday, April 17, 2014

THE PIANIST

This movie was amusing to me because the title "The Pianist" seems so peaceful and tranquil, while the movie itself was full of anger, violence, and hatred.  The movie was a tad too dark for my taste, there was a lot of negative with very few positive besides the fact that Spzliman finally escaped the oppression.  However I feel like the this movie had an extremely strong moral and message.  That the act of perserverance is key.  That giving up is not an option.  And it motivates me to push even further than I think possible because you never know when the end of the journey will come and better times are around the corner.

I'm not sure if I am completely correct with this inference, but I got the hint that captain Hosenfeld was actually of the Jewish race as well.  I have no clue how he was able to escape the reigns of the German military and actually become one of them....but as they Hosenfeld and Szpilman began conversing, Hosenfeld was using words like "we" and "us" when referring to the Jewish community.  This is why I feel that the captain felt obligated to help the pianist because of the level of gilt he is living with.  From Szpilman point of view, I don't know that he for sure trusted the captain, but I felt that he didn't really have a choice.  He was at the end of his road and the captain was the last chance of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment