Tuesday, April 29, 2014

THE HURT LOCKER

This movie was quite intense which is a tad hard for me to handle.  But I really liked the content of the movie.  I liked how it wasn't your typical war movie with people in constant battle, instead it was a suspenseful movie that showed how tragedies could be prevented.  Plus I thought all of the actors played their parts excellently.  They honestly portrayed people who have lived nothing but the life of war.  It amazes me that this is the true reality for too many people.  All the wars going on means that there are people who need to perform these actions.  It saddens me to think that they will never live the societal norms, but there are people like the main character who can't seem to function in ordinary life. 

The hurt locker is a very interesting title.  And I feel it could mean numerous different things in context.  However the only reference to a locker in the movie is in the beginning when the first leader of the unit is killed by a bomb.  His best friend then placed all of his belongings in a metal box to send home.  I think that is the hurt locker. The box that is supposed to represent all of a persons life, and all the future hurt that will be felt by the people close to the deceased.

No comments:

Post a Comment