Tuesday, April 22, 2014

CAPTAIN PHILLIPS

When I say that this movie rose my blood pressure, that is no exaggeration.  There were parts in this film when I truly stopped breathing.  I love love loved this movie.  And I can say with full certainty that I had never seen a movie dealing with this topic before, and thats really cool considering all the remakes that occur.  The suspense in this movie was perfectly played, and I thought the actors did an amazing job of playing their parts.  I know the Somali pirate captain was the bad guy, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.  It wasn't his fault that he was forced into this profession.  If he had been born in another country I am willing to bet that he would not be involved in things of this matter.  But, of course I obviously was more invested in the well being of Captain Phillips.  If he didn't make it out of there alive, I would have thrown a hissy fit.  When Tom Hanks had that final breakdown after witnessing the three pirates get shot, that was one of the most real scenes I have ever seen.  There was nothing but raw emotion, no special effects or music, just a man who had truly been traumatized.  Also I thought it was a great display of how effective our American army is.  We don't take any mess!  All around an amazing movie and I will be making my family watch it in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment