Thursday, March 20, 2014

DEFIANCE

This movie impacted me in a way that I would have never expected.  Tuvia and his brothers are some of the most inspirational survivors in history that I never knew about.  How they took so many people under their wings to provide them with a chance of living was so special.  Some people thought the movie was a tad slow but I thought it was filmed perfectly.  I actually felt like I was in the forest with this group of fighters. I also really liked how the incorporated love in the "forest marriages" to give people a sense of hope.  Although this time in history was depressing and embarrassing, but people like this were what kept life alive.

"Our revenge is to live," this is a very meaningful quote.  This people discriminating against the Jewish race did everything in their power to erase the Jewish population.  And Tuvia knew that.  So in order to prove these horrible people wrong, they had to live and thrive.  Humanity and revenge are huge themes in this movie and in life.  I think both are inevitable.  Revenge is not a positive part of life but it's something that we must live with and constantly battle.  Humanity being the positive aspect of life and revenge being the negative. The main goal in life is to make the positive outward the negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment