Tuesday, April 22, 2014

PARKLAND

I really really liked this movie.  Which surprised me because I usually lean towards the normal mainstream Hollywood films.  But I enjoyed how this movie was filmed differently.  Parkland did an amazing job of making you feel like you were on the street, or in the room when all of these events occurred.  My heart rate was changing relative to the ups and downs of the film.  I especially like how the movie showed the immediate aftermath of the shooting, instead of focusing on just the shooting itself.  I made a huge mistake though of actually googling the Zapruder footage, I will never be able to get that image out of my head.  Also I feel this movie gave great insight to how President Kennedy was view as a person and a leader.  Of course it is a devastating time when someone is executed, but it seemed as if the country had paused.  That life could no longer go on for the time being because someone as special, important, and well liked as Kennedy had been taken from the American people.  In my opinion, the assassination had to be a conspiracy because it seems even more insane that one person hated the president so much that he was willing to go to those lengths.  I feel that Oswald was not alone in intent.

No comments:

Post a Comment